Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My evening.

Listening to some video or other... and suddenly...
*beep*
*beep*
*beep*
OK. WTF is going on?  OK. fire alarm by the kitchen is beeping.. No problem.. Battery removed

*beep*
*beep*
*beep*
Shops are all closed. So I called one of my neighbours to ask if he had any 9V batteries.
No Go. Like me, all he has is AA and AAA's
*beep*
*beep*
*beep*

Why am I hearing it from a different location now? 
Ohhh. There's an alarm upstairs... Battery removed.
Ahhh Haa! These alarms are tied into the mains...  Time to visit the fuse box.. 
*beep*
*beep*
*beep*
WTF?!?!? 
Where  hell is this this alarm??? Ohhhh yet another there's one about 10 feet away from the other one downstairs. Battery removed and plastic tab  cracked in annoyance. 
*beep*
*beep*
*beep*
Mains for the lights turned off, both upstairs and downstairs. 
Batteries for all three alarms and blessed silence. 
New Batteries installed today and no more

*beep*




No comments: